This position will be supporting both the Young Adult Services (YAS) money management/Adult Client Funds Management team that services clients at various state operated local mental health authority (LMHA) locations throughout the state. Each program has varying amounts of clients for whom the position fulfills the duties of the Representative Payee. At these locations, coverage duties include providing benefit payment management for clients who are involved in the YAS/Adult money management programs at the various state operated local mental health authorities. When not covering staff at the various locations the assistant will serve as support to various locations needing the assistance. This position is a support position for up to 12 locations statewide and involves significant travel. Applicant s MUST have reliable transportation. This position will staff Connecticut Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS) facilities and applicants will need to be able to provide proof of 100% vaccination for Covid-19, per state guidelines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide back-up support to Client Funds Management Team at various locations including preparation of clients monthly expenses for basic needs; provide direct services to clients receiving services; help clients with life building skills; process for payment client requests according to the budgeted expenses including rent checks, utility bills, personal funds; assist with maintaining records and scanning back-up documentation; disbursement of cash and checks to clients as budgeted; assist with receipt collections
• Provide customer service and demonstrate therapeutic communication skills when engaging clients.
• Assist with preparation of reports for Social Security Administration.
• Conduct Quality Assurance ensuring all policies and procedures for ABH®, Social Security, and State of Ct Representative Payee Program policies and procedure compliance.
• Maintain organized files and records of client requests and documents.
• Maintain confidentiality of all clients protected health information and adheres to all HIPAA related policies and procedures;
• Demonstrates ethical behavior and cultural sensitivity in all activities involving individuals of diverse backgrounds;
• Performs other financial tasks/administrative duties as required to support the business operations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Specialized training in Human Services and basic accounting skills.
• Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Human Services or related field a plus or a combination of related education and work experience;
• Three + years’ experience in Human Services specializing in mental health/substance abuse disorders and basic accounting.
• Therapeutic communication skills and interviewing techniques for the clients served.
• Experience with public sector work and/or State agencies;
• Attend annual Conflict of Interest training.
• Knowledge of mental health services and substance abuse.
• Ability to demonstrate Clinical acumen
• Intermediate computer skills required.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office Package; Internet.
• Possesses accounting skills and the ability to use established computer programs to keep accurate records of all individual client accounts.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Travel to various CT State Operative locations; valid driver’s license.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Excellent Organizational skills including record keeping
• Ability to demonstrate accountability while functioning with autonomy.
If your qualifications match these job requirements and you are interested in pursuing this potential position and joining a dynamic company, please apply on-line at www.abhct.com. include resume & letter of interest.
job opportunities for English-Asian-speaking professionals ranging
from entry level to executive level - Nationwide!
Employers can recruit bilingual job seekers at an affordable rate
of $150.00 for 1 job posting!